Random Polish Swatch Spam!

Purchased by me/Gifts

Hey lovelies,

My swatching pose is changing yet again with the new lighting set up and the need to do square photos for Instagram, so I thought I'd better post my unpublished swatches in the previous style asap. I get really funny about old swatches once I've changed styles, I start to dislike them and want to redo them all (but as my current polish swatch library stands at around 1600 images that's really not feasible!). So I'll try to do several spam posts over the next few days :)


Eyeko - Pastel Polish, 4 coats

Pastel Polish could have done with another coat to even it out. Very pretty baby blue with glowing blue shimmer, the formula is easy to work with but a bit sheer as you can see.




Maybelline Colorshow - Born With It, 3 coats

Another sheer, slightly streaky polish.


Maybelline Colorshow - Born With It, 3 coats
+
Midie #10, 1 coat

This Midie has a great formula - it does have a small amount of settling, but is fixed with a quick roll of the bottle. The glitter distribution is good too, no dabbing needed.



Color Club - Untamed Luxury, 3 coats

This one's lingered in my collection for a while. I never reach for it because I prefer the holo glitter in similar polishes like China Glaze Atlantis. Poor Color Club!


OPI - Princesses Rule, 2 coats

A very pretty baby pink glassfleck, but not really up my alley.


Skinfood Pedicure Sparkle Blue, 2 coats

Blue foily goodness! Very opaque and easy to work with. I really like Skinfood polishes.


OPI - Glitzerland, 3 coats

Classic great formula from OPI. Glitzerland builds up easily in three coats and just glides on the nail.


OPI - I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw, 2 coats

I'm on a roll with the great OPI formulas today. This ridiculously long named polish covers in 2 coats and dries shiny. I didn't experience any staining while swatching, either.


OPI - A Grape Fit!, 3 coats

Another lovely formula, although it does highlight ridges a bit.


Color Club - Vintage Couture, 3 coats

Vintage Couture is a gorgeous shade of pink, but it needed another coat. It's a little thick and streaky and shows every ridge and imperfection.




LA Splash - Golden Seahorse, 3 coats

This is a confusing one. It's beautiful, yes, but it looks gritty even though it's not. So conflicted. The formula is really easy to work with, which is less confusing.



MAC - Biker Blue, 3 coats

This gorgeous, glowing blue has a thin but workable formula. It's so sparkly!


Zoya - Yara, 3 coats

Yara glides on the nail and is very close to being opaque in 2 coats, I added a third to cover the tiniest bald patches. 


Eyeko - Pastel polish, 4 coats
+
Midie #11, 1 coat

Another super easy to work with formula from Midie, with great glitter distribution.



Revlon - Vixen, 3 coats

A vampy classic from Revlon. It built up nicely in three coats and dried a natural shine.



Chanel - Ming, 3 coats

Ming is a very pretty 'safe' polish, a lovely palate cleanser, if you will. The formula is a little sheer, but it mostly evened out in 3 coats.


Chanel - Ming, 3 coats
+
Midie #7, 1 coat

Midie sure is consistent - another great formula here :)


OPI - Chapel Of Love, 3 coats

This is a polish I'd never looked twice at when I saw it in stores, but when my lovely sister in law sent me a big bag of destashed polish I tried it on right away and fell in love. I love corally-pinks and the shimmer is just perfect.


Star Kin - Tranquil, 4 coats
+
Revlon - Sparkle, 1 coat

And lastly we have Sparkle, a pretty holographic and iridescent glitter topper. Very easy to work with, great glitter distribution. This is a dupe for Revlon Belle.

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments