A Fyrinnae A Day: Arcane Magic Alchemist's Curse Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Another sparkly bit of magnificence to show you today! This is Alchemist's Curse, which is one of the Arcane Magic shadows.


All of the Fyrinnae eyeshadows I purchased are minis; the mini eyeshadows are packaged in a clear screwtop jar with a label on the bottom. The Arcane Magic minis contain 1/4 teaspoon of eyeshadow.




Fyrinnae's description:

This shadow is pink shimmer and sparkle on black, but closer to light or at a different angle and the sparkle becomes peachy-gold, the black base setting off the highlights. Halloween 2011.



Swatched dry (left) and over Epoxy (right), photographed in sunlight. This has got to be one of my favourites from Fyrinnae so far; the colour shift is absolutely stunning. It looks lovely with or without Pixie Epoxy but the shimmer is much more prominent over Epoxy.


I decided to try Alchemist's Curse out as an eyeliner and I love the effect! My friend Ami (of Everysensory and Star Kin awesomeness) told me she sometimes mixes a bit of Pixie Epoxy with eyeshadow to use an an eyeliner, so I gave it a go and it worked wonderfully. I did lay down some matte black liner on my upper lashline first, but I didn't bother on my lower lashline and the opacity was still great.





What I liked:
  • Great price - Arcane Magic minis are $2.25USD (containing 1/4 teaspoon - I purchased all minis), full size jars are $6.80USD.
  • Good colour pay off (alone or over Epoxy) and blendable texture
  • Strong colour shift
What I didn't like:
  • Nada!
Where to buy:
Thanks for stopping by!

X
Lani


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments