Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick - #2 Pink Shock Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

I have an exciting new lippy to show you today. UK brand Collection has recently rebranded from Collection 2000 and has relaunched in New Zealand after a few years of being absent from our shores. I think the last time I saw it here was in a Hamilton pharmacy 4 years ago, so this is a welcome return!

Of course I had to try one of their lippies after Philippa (of Philippa Mae on Youtube) posted swatches in NZ Make Up Junkies so as soon as the Collection stand popped up in my local Countdown (which are the exclusive stockists) I snapped up Pink Shock. I've been really feeling a candy pink lately, changing seasons be damned, so Pink Shock is right on the money :)


The packaging reminds me of the Australis Mineral Inject lipsticks, it is the same slanting glossy black with an angled cap. The hot pink trim and decor is a nice touch.




This lippy is lightweight but not flimsy by any means. It closes nice and securely too.



Pink Shock is a creamy blue based pastel pink with a satin finish. I've seen it compared to MAC Candy Yum Yum, but I disagree (though for me, dupes have to be indistinguishable or have only really minute differences - others are more flexible). Candy Yum Yum is brighter, a few shades darker and matte.


When I wore Pink Shock, it lasted for five hours very well. There was some minor settling into liplines after an hour which didn't worsen over time, fortunately! It wasn't really noticeable from a normal viewing distance either. 
Application was easy; the colour pay off was good and mostly opaque with enough creaminess to glide across lips. It does not feather, bleed or migrate and retains the slight gloss for several hours.
Pink Shock was neither hydrating nor drying while I wore it, but a few hours after it had mostly worn away my lips felt very dry. It wore away around the five hour mark with food, leaving a faint, even pink stain.



What I liked:
  • Good colour pay off
  • Lasted 5 hours
  • Doesn't feather, migrate or bleed
What I didn't like:
  • Lips felt very dry after wearing this
  • Minor settling into liplines after an hour
Where to buy:
  • Countdown supermarkets (NZ) - see a list of stockists on the Collection site here
  • Boots.com
  • It's also available in the Philippines - see a list of stockists on the website's where to buy page
X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments