A Fyrinnae A Day: Meerkat Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Today I have I a pretty purple Fyrinnae, heavily laced with gold shimmer. This is Meerkat, a shade that has featured quite often in Temptalia's top picks, so of course I had to check it out!


All of the Fyrinnae eyeshadows I purchased are minis; the mini eyeshadows are packaged in a clear screwtop jar with a label on the bottom. The regular eyeshadow minis contain 1/3 teaspoon of product.




Fyrinnae's description: 

Vibrant pink-purple with gold shimmer and sparkle highlight. 



Swatched dry (left) and over Epoxy (right), photographed in sunlight. Like Enchanting Otters, Meerkat is quite sheer when applied dry and you lose a lot of the gold shimmer. Meerkat needs Pixie Epoxy (or a similar product) to truly shine. I had a little fall out during application, but I didn't notice much more over the course of the day when I wore it.



I paired Meerkat with a peachy pink shimmer from TheBalm's Nude 'Tude palette, keeping Meerkat to the outer third of the lid so that it complimented rather than dominated the look. It was nice & easy to blend out.


A FOTD with Meerkat - details to come later today :)

What I liked:
  • Pretty sparkle :D
  • Easy to blend out
  • Great price - the eyeshadow minis are $2.25USD (containing 1/3 teaspoon - I purchased all minis), full size jars are $6.25USD.
What I didn't like:
  • Very sheer when applied dry - this one needs a sticky base for opaque colour, and for the gold shimmer to adhere.
  • Some fall out even with a sticky base.
Where to buy:
X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments