LA Girl Luxury Creme Lipsticks - Promiscuous, Devoted, Love Letters, Infatuated and Inspiration Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Well, you knew from my last post about them that I was going back for more of these beauties, didn't you? :D I have five more shades of the LA Girl Luxury Creme lipsticks to show you today!


I reviewed the packaging in my post about the first 5 shades I picked up, but I'll repeat it here:

The lipsticks all have glossy black packaging and a clear cap so you can easily see the colour you're after. It reminds me of the Wet n Wild Megalast lippy packaging, which is reinforced by the same style lip bullet. There is a packaging flaw with these lipsticks - the name of them is printed on the sticker that remains on the cap, and there's nothing on the rest of the lipstick to identify the shade. This means if you have more than one of these lippies and you take the caps off, it's easy to get mixed up and forget which shade is which.




L-R: Promiscuous, Love Letters, Devoted, Infatuated and Inspiration swatched over bare skin

I'll say it right now so that you don't have to read it five times, the formula on these lipsticks is very consistent. I get between 4-6 hours wear, depending on the shade (lighter shades like Devoted tend to disappear quicker) and minimal feathering with Infatuated and Inspiration. I don't find this formula drying at all.



Promiscuous is a brown leaning red creme with a hint of translucency. It reminds me of Lime Crime Glamour 101, but Glamour 101 is one or two shades lighter and is less brown.



***


LA Girl Luxury Creme - Love Letters swatches & review

Love Letters is a vibrant orange with a hint of coral. It's super creamy and opaque, I can't say enough good things about it!

LA Girl Luxury Creme - Love Letters swatches & review

***


LA Girl Luxury Creme - Devoted swatches & review

Devoted is a glossy, mostly opaque natural pink. Shades like this go with just about everything, I really enjoy them. 

LA Girl Luxury Creme - Devoted swatches & review

***


LA Girl Luxury Creme - Infatuated swatches & review

Infatuated is a glossy tangerine. Like Devoted, this has a little translucency to it, but the colour is even and easy to apply.

LA Girl Luxury Creme - Infatuated swatches & review

***



LA Girl Luxury Creme - Inspiration swatches & review

Inspiration is an interesting reddy-purple kind of shade. I'm not actually sure what you'd call it - mulberry, perhaps? The formula on Inspiration is closest to Love Letters; incredibly opaque and creamy. This one feathers a little without lipliner.

LA Girl Luxury Creme - Inspiration swatches & review

What I liked:

  • All of the shades, whether totally opaque or slightly translucent, had great even colour.
  • All the shades had a smooth creamy texture which lasted well (4-6 colours). They aren't drying at all in my experience.
  • Ridiculously good price! (See 'Where to buy' below for prices)
  • Great shade range - check out my swatch masterpost to see what I mean (and I don't even have all of them!).

What I didn't like:

  • I experienced minor feathering after 2 hours with Soul Mate (but this is normal for me).
  • The name label being attached to the cap (not printed anywhere else on the lipstick) makes it easy to mix the shades up.

Where to buy:

X
Lani
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. "Inspiration" is my favourite! and "Infactuated" looks the best on you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! They are really nice lippies :)

      Delete