Maybelline Blush - Coral Burst Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

I'm a sucker for a coral blush and I'm always envious of the limited edition collections Maybelline puts out in the States that aren't released here - so you can imagine how stoked I was to find this gem! Coral Burst comes from last year's spring collection, Color Goes Electric.


The packaging is a simple compact with a clear lid, so you can easily see the colour inside. The compact feels quite sturdy, however it is a little tricky to open. I feel like I need a tool to pry the clasp open so I don't damage my nails.



In the pan, Coral Burst is a rich, vibrant orange and it appears this way when swatched heavily too. Sheered out, it becomes more coral, though it retains its vibrancy. The gold shimmer is very noticeable in the heavy swatch, but when the blush has been sheered out as you'd wear it on the cheeks, it's a lot more subtle and imparts a glow, rather than leaving you with disco ball cheeks!

Coral Burst has gorgeous colour pay off, but it is a little stiff to blend out. I found it worked best for me when I used a light hand to apply initially and then buffed like my life depended on it. The lasting power was great with the colour still being visible, although a little faded after a long day.



What I liked:
  • Fantastic colour pay off.
  • The shimmer provides a glowing finish, not disco ball cheeks.
  • Long lasting.

What I didn't like:
  • A bit stiff to blend - use a light hand and buff, buff, buff!
  • Compact is a little difficult to open.

Where to buy:
  • Ebay
  • Cosmetics clearance sales (which is where I picked up mine)

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments