ELF Angled Contour Brush

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Something a bit different today - a brush review! Since diving back into the world of indie eyeshadows recently and making more of an effort to mix up my make up, I've felt the need to expand my brush collection. My collection is fairly small, and the ferrules on some of them are starting to go, so I had a look on iHerb.com at their ELF and Real Techniques brushes. I knew I wanted to try an angled crease brush, but because I've never tried that style of brush before, I didn't want to spend a lot - so ELF it was!


The Angled Contour Brush is part of ELF's Studio line, and is just $3.00USD on iHerb. The packaging is nice and simple, a sturdy plastic pouch.




Measurements! The Angled Contour Brush is 16.5cm length from the tip of the bristles to the end of the handle. The bristles have an approximately 1cm diameter, and the length of the bristles graduates from 1.2cm to 1.5cm. All of this stacks up to a brush of decent length and bristles that at first made me think it was going to be way too big for crease work. But I've been pleasantly surprised. 


The size and shape of the Angled Contour Brush makes it great for both placing colour and blending it out. Sometimes I'll use just the tip of the brush for more concentrated colour placement, or the whole of it for a softly defined crease.


The ELF Angled Contour Brush in action in this tutorial. It looks huge next to my eye!

What I liked:
  • Soft synthetic bristles
  • Easy to clean
  • Doesn't shed
  • Great for placing colour and blending for a diffused effect
What I didn't like:
  • Nada!
Where to buy:
  • iHerb.com (International shipping)
  • Kmart (NZ)
I really like this brush and I'm looking forward to trying more from ELF's Studio line. Have you tried any ELF brushes? Any recommendations?


X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Lovely post :) I am going to try elf brushes too...havent checked them out yet
    Following you now with GFC and Bloglovin. Will appreciate if you follow back too! xoxo
    http://www.redraoalice.blogspot.com/2014/03/april-blog-giveaway-benefit-oriflame.html

    ReplyDelete