NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Milan Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

I'm super late to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream bandwagon, but I'm definitely on it now! I picked up Milan as an impulse buy while buying polish from the same seller on Trade Me. Funny how I like to make postage 'worth it' by spending more :D Anyone else find themselves in that trap?
Funny thing about the name of this lippy. One of my friends is called Milan, but it's pronounced Mil-inn (rhyming with Dylan) and since meeting him I literally always pronounce Milan his way in my head regardless of whether I'm reading about the city or his exploits. Damn you Milan!


The Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams come in sturdy plastic packaging. I like that the colour of the tube resembles the product so it's easy to spot in your stash, although being opaque does mean you can't see how much product is left.



The applicator is a doe-foot sponge, very easy to use and it picks up just the right amount of product.


Milan is a cool mauve pink which is different to anything else in my collection, I really like it! It applies as a satin but rapidly dries down to a matte. What I love about this is the fuss free formula. It's more mousse-like than the Lime Crime Velvetines which are quite thin, but it's not as thick as the Australis Velourlips or Missha M Everlasting Lacquer Rouges. This means the clumpy thickness I find the Missha and Australis formulas can be prone to is nowhere in sight with this product. It just glided on, sets and looks pretty for hours. I also like that you can touch this up without being able to see where the fresh layer has been applied (which I find to be an issue with all of the other formulas mentioned).

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Milan Swatches & Review

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Milan Swatches & Review

In case you hadn't already gathered, I'm in love! I'm dying for the new shades NYX posted about on Facebook awhile back to be released. Vampy shades! Neeeeed!

What I liked:
  • Soft, velvety texture
  • Doesn't feel drying
  • Great colour pay off
  • Lasts 4 hours+ through drinking & snacking
  • Doesn't emphasise imperfections
What I didn't like:
  • Nada!
Where to buy:
X
Lani

PS. Have you entered my current giveaways? Day 1: Star Kin Blogiversary (NZ only)Day 2: Local Goodies (International)Day 3: Handmade By Kyleigh (NZ only)Day 4: Peacock Pie (International) and Day 5: Favourite Things (NZ only).

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Wow wow wow for some reason I always thought these were like glosses! I need in my life. When are the vampy shades coming out? I love this colour on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elese! You definitely need one of these :) The new shades are already on the NYX site but not on Cherryculture or Beautyjoint last time I checked :s Could use shipitto or similar for the NYX site though?

    ReplyDelete