Guest Post: Handmade By Kyleigh's Silver Anchor Mani

Hey lovelies,

The lovely Kyleigh from Handmade By Kyleigh is guest posting for me today and she has some super gorgeous nail art to share with you!

Hello everyone :) Thank you so much Lani for letting me play on your blog today!
What I wanted to show you guys is one last summer mani before the weather really packs up on us :/

I've called it my 'Silver Anchor' mani



This look was achieved by first painting all of my nails with a base coat of Ciate 'Underwear' followed by two coats of Ciate 'Pepperminty' - one of my favourite mint polishes!
I then used my Winstonia* striping brush to outline my stripes on all but my middle finger using a light grey acrylic paint. Using the same light grey paint I filled them in using my Pure Color 10* detail brush. I then went back over my now light grey stripes with white. -Using a light grey to 'undercoat' an area makes it much easier to then fill in with white, especially if you're going over a darker colour.
The next step was to outline my stripes with a silver acrylic paint, this was done using my Winstonia striping brush.
For the anchor on my middle finger I googled pictures of anchors until I found one that I liked the look of to use as a reference. I painted an outline of the anchor in grey using my Pure Color 9* liner brush and adjusted it until I was happy, then I simply filled it in with silver leaving a thin outline of grey to help the image 'pop'.
I finished the whole thing off with two coats of Seche Vite for a longer lasting mani and a gorgeous shine!


Winstonia striping brush can be found at their store - www.winstoniastore.com
You can use this link to get 15% http://winstoniastore.refr.cc/TDWDBZK
I got my Pure Color Brushes from a lovely lady who has a store on instagram - @stylishnailart
My acrylic paints are from Spotlight
my Ciate polishes came in a set I bought from www.Makeupdirect.co.nz

I hope you found this interesting/helpful, have a fantastic day!

xx K

Thanks so much for guest posting today, Kyleigh, I absolutely love the mani you've created! 

X
Lani

PS. Don't forget Kyleigh has sponsored two of the current giveaways - you can win one of her necklaces here, and a set of her stunning polishes and a bracelet here.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment