Femme Fatale Friday: Marrowpetal Eyeshadow Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

I'm skipping A Fyrinnae A Day today (it'll be back tomorrow though!) to bring you yet another series - Femme Fatale Friday! I placed another FF sample order last week so I'd better get on with showing you the ones I have, right? I actually swatched these all dry when they first arrived and then when I started swatching my Fyrinnae shadows with Pixie Epoxy I had to go back and reswatch these to show their full level of awesomeness. No regrets! Let's start with Marrowpetal, a gorgeous green with captivating copper shimmer.


I purchased all my eyeshadows in sample baggies. Femme Fatale do a great deal on these, they are sold in packs at $11.00 AUD for 10 or $5.50 for $5AUD and you are able to purchase up to 15 samples at once. You can choose any of their powder products - highlighter, blush and eyeshadow. Did I mention they ship samples (minimum order $10) worldwide for free?! 

I know some people don't like sample baggies, but I really like them because they make shipping cheaper a lot of the time and they're a great way to try a colour before committing to a larger jar. Also you can always buy cosmetic jars on Ebay or elsewhere to pop them into, which is what I do.



Femme Fatale's description:

Marrowpetal is a vibrant grass green with soft copper gold shimmer.


Swatched dry (left) and patted over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (right), photographed in sunlight. I'm a sucker for a good green and Marrowpetal definitely delivers. Dry, the copper shimmer is a soft sheen, while over Epoxy, it packs more of a punch. I love it either way, I love how you often get two shadows in one with Pixie Epoxy!




For this look I kept Marrowpetal as the focus. The copper shimmer was a little tricky to capture on camera on the lid but it was definitely there!



A FOTD featuring Marrowpetal - full details here

What I liked:
  • Great colour pay off
  • Gorgeous shade - love the shimmer!
  • The price is good, it's essentially $1.10AUD per sample which I think is very reasonable. Don't forget the free shipping for samples! If you're looking to buy a larger amount, you can purchase mini ($3.10 without sifter, $3.20 with) or full size jars ($5.85).
What I didn't like:
  • Nada!
Where to buy:
What do you think about this new series? Have you tried any Femme Fatale products?

X
Lani

PS. Have you entered my current giveaways? Day 1: Star Kin Blogiversary (NZ only)Day 2: Local Goodies (International)Day 3: Handmade By Kyleigh (NZ only)Day 4: Peacock Pie (International) and Day 5: Favourite Things (NZ only).

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments