MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick - Swatches & Review

Hey lovelies,

Today I'm sharing MAC's latest Viva Glam collaboration, Viva Glam Rihanna. If you're not familiar with the Viva Glam campaign, every cent of the selling price of Viva Glam products goes toward the MAC AIDS Fund, supporting families affected by AIDS and HIV, providing education to prevent new infections and more. You can find out more here. It's a fantastic cause, and it doesn't hurt at all that the Viva Glam products are pretty awesome. Let's take a look at Viva Glam Rihanna :)


The packaging for Viva Glam Rihanna is a bit different to previous Viva Glam packaging. Instead of the usual black tube with dark pink trim, Rihanna is in a velvety red tube which reminds me of frosted glass.





Viva Glam Rihanna is a sparkly, frosty red. I'm really not a fan of Rihanna, but I've said it before - the girl knows good lipstick! This one is just gorgeous.

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick - Swatches & Review

The colour pay off is pretty good - there's a hint of translucency, but it's mostly opaque. This is my first experience with MAC's Frost formula in a long time, and I can't say I'm much of a fan. It's more drying than any of their other formulas on me, I found Viva Glam Rihanna to be noticeably drying after two and a half hours of wear, with the drying sensation increasing over time. I had some migration towards the inner part of my mouth too. I got 4 hours wear in total before it wore away with food. 
That being said, I do really love the colour so for me it's worth the flaws in the formula. 

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick - Swatches & Review


What I liked:
  • Wore for 4 hours before wearing away with food
  • Good colour pay off
  • It's for a great cause!
What I didn't like:
  • Felt moderately drying after 2 and a half hours
  • Minimal feathering
  • Migrated towards the inner part of my mouth around 1 and a half hours into wear
Start your hunt here:

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. Do you have any recommendations for particular TM sellers? I've been eyeing up Heroine but worry I might get ripped off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I've bought from and recommend shezza108 and julzrulz50 :)

      Delete
  2. I find Mac's frosts to be hit or miss with me. This one was a little on the dry side, but I thought that the colour, which I love, was worth it. Looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed on formula :) It's a surprisingly unique colour in my collection too. Thank you!

      Delete