Requested: "How Do You Even Blog?" Makeup Bags, The Final Cut

Hey lovelies,

I thought one of the questions I was asked for Wednesday's post merited its own post:

With so many to choose from, what's your go to lippy!? And how do you decide what makes the cut into the old make up bag that you carry around with you?

So today I'll show you my overflowing makeup bags (can't even stick to one!) and a few extras that often reside in my handbag :) I'll hyperlink to the things I've already reviewed too.
I honestly carry way too much stuff around. If you've been following the blog for awhile, you'll know it's no secret that I have trouble narrowing things down ^_^ The things that make it into my bags and handbag are tried and true, a spectrum of blush and lippy shades and neutral eye makeup to pair with anything. New favourite lippies often sneak in too.



Here are my two makeup bags. I've been toting the Younique 3D Fiber Lash set* around a lot since I got it as well, and my two favourite neutral palettes, MUA Undress Me Too and The Balm Nude 'Tude, are both regular features in my handbag too.

***


First bag! This mainly contains face products. I like to have a selection of blush shades to cover all moods.



Inside this bag:
  • MAC Lightscapade and Perfect Topping Mineralize Skin Finishes. I absolutely love these for a glow that's easy to apply and blend and can be built up or kept subtle.
  • MUA Blushers in Bubblegum & Cupcake. These wee cuties are wallet friendly with great colour pay off. 
  • MAC My Paradise Blush. Unfortunately a limited edition offering, I've been regularly using this beautiful tangerine blush for three years and there's still barely a dent in it. Which is great, because I never want to run out!
  • Too Faced Duo - Who's You Poppy? Blush and Sun Bunny Bronzer. Sun Bunny helped me overcome my pale girl fear of bronzer! It has sheen without being overtly shimmery and it isn't orange. The blush is great too, a fresh warm pink with light shimmer.
  • MUA BB Cream Shade 1 Light. I like this for a quick & easy bit of coverage if I don't want to wear a lot of makeup, or as a base before applying foundation where I want more coverage.
  • Holika Holika Love Fantasy Blusher #1 Pink Fantasy. A very wearable pinky coral blush with its own puff!
  • MAC Select Cover-Up NW15 concealer. This has been my go to for years, I've almost finished it up! 
  • MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 and Collection Lasting Perfection Ivory foundations, mixed in Lime Crime jar. I've been enjoying this combo lately for increased coverage, so I mixed up a pottle of the two in an old Lime Crime Magic Dust jar.
  • MUA Blonde Brow Pencil. Lately I've been favouring a matte brown eyeshadow for filling in my brows over pencil, but this is still great for on the go. It is very soft for a brow pencil though, so regular sharpening is a must.
  • Sephora blush brush. My old reliable!
  • Revlon & Marchesa angled face brush. This is a new addition, it's really nice for applying bronzer, but works well for blush and highlighting too,
  • UBL foundation brush. This is a good, but incredibly cheap brush I like to throw in my bag to use if I'm applying my makeup in the car. I don't have to worry about messing it up because it was less than $2.
  • Models Own Black Kohl Eyeliner. This eyeliner has seen better days, but it's functional enough. It's always handy to have a good black liner on standby.
  • L'Oreal Glam Bronze Bronzers in Blonde Harmony and Sun Radiance Trio. I'm absolutely loving the Blonde Harmony duo at the moment, the lighter shade works wonderfully for the bronzer challenged (that's meeeeee), it's not orangey. The Sun Radiance Trio is quite shimmery and thr 
  • Etude House All Over Color Cupcake in Raspberry Mousse Cake. This is a great product to apply on the run, because it's great for a natural flush on lips and cheeks and you can just whack it on with your fingers. 
  • Napoleon Perdis Gift With Purchase Blush. Another easy to apply option, this time in a neutral brown leaning rose.
  • Blistex Tangy Mango Mania Lipbalm. Because I need lipbalm everrrrrywheeeeeere I go.
***



Second bag! This bag is largely lip and eye products, with a few extras.



  • Jordana Matte Pink Passion Lipstick - A gorgeous rosy hue that is ridiculously good for the price.
  • Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush & Deluxe Crease Brush. I can't get enough of these brushes. I got them for my birthday from a very sweet friend and they're so soft and fluffy, I just want to keep blending to feel them on my lids.
  • UBL Shader Brush. Another cheap gem, I have several of these. In a pinch they can be used for a whole eyeshadow look!
  • ZA Plumper Lips - Rosy Flush. This sheer, shimmery nude goes with everything and isn't drying.
  • Bourjois 1001 Lashes Mascara. I'm on my third or fourth tube of this stuff and I only have one back up left! Sob! It's great for defining, thickening and curling my lashes.
  • Collection Does It All Mascara. This is a new favourite, one I must post a full review for. It's great for thickening and lengthening lashes and provides a bit of curl too.
  • Kiss My Sass (now All That Sass) Vintage Lace Eyeshadow. A great beige frost I like to pair with Revlon Polished Bronze.
  • Glass Nail File. Because nail emergencies!!
  • NYX Pinky Lipliner. I've had this for years and it's still going strong! It's a great pink that works with so many lippies.
  • Covergirl Shadowblast Beige Blaze. I use this as a primer rather than an eyeshadow, so it's a staple in my makeup bag.
  • YSL Rouge Volupte #15 Extreme Coral. My newest baby! I love the Rouge Volupte formula and this is no exception. Must review soon!
  • Holika Holika Jewel-Light Eyeliner #01 Black Jam. Because apparently I can't limit myself to just carrying around one black pencil liner, despite sticking to liquid 9 times out of 10. I told you, no good at narrowing things down!!
  • Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. Current favourite liquid liner, and so easy to apply.
  • Wet n Wild Vanity Palette. Sigh. I mostly tote this one around for the matte brown shadow which is great for filling in brows, except I never remember to pack an angled brush. Derp. 
  • Revlon Polished Bronze Eyeshadow. Loooove loooove loooove. I've never reviewed this because it's not in stores anymore, but I would love to get back ups some day!
  • Dior Incognito Palette. This is a super cute mini palette I got as a gift with purchase years ago and I've emptied two of the pans! The remaining ones are great mattes to pair with anything, and an ivory shimmer which is a lovely softer highlight.
  • Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Chastity Hymn. This gorgeous eyeshadow is a neutral tan, but with green iridescence and rainbow sparkle! It's such a great way to mix up an otherwise neutral eye makeup look, so it makes it into the bag.
  • MAC Russian Red Lipstick. Never fail classic red matte! Riri Woo often joins Russian Red in the makeup bag, and Wet n Wild Red Velvet is a regular feature too.
  • MAC Creme Cup Lipstick. Another newbie to the makeup bag, I really enjoy this creamy nude pink.
  • MAC Beet Lipliner. A beautiful berry that looks great with Revlon Raspberry Bite, one of my go to berry lippies.
  • Australis Siren Lipliner. Straight up red lipliner. Essential! A little dry, but it works.
  • Skinfood Seaweed Real Lip Color - Deep Sea Misty Rose
  • Jordana Clear Brow Set
  • Fyrinnae Ocelot Lip Lustre. Very similar in hue to Creme Cup but more opaque. Loving these kinds of nudes at the moment!
  • Tarte unnamed nude gloss. 
  • YSL Touche Eclat #2. Because I have two kids and hot damn, I am tiiiirrreeeed. 
Not shown, but some of my other go to lippies are: ZA Honey Rouge, Lime Crime Centrifuchsia, Revlon Raspberry Bite, MAC Diva, MAC Speak Louder, MAC Lustering, Lime Crime Retrofuturist, Wet n Wild Red Velvet, Wet n Wild Purty Persimmon, Maybelline Shocking Coral, Maybelline Vibrant Mandarin, Maybelline Vivid Rose, Maybelline Fuchsia Flash, ModelCo Kitty.

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. How big is your handbag?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Reasonably big. It needs replacing actually. Mike bought it for me a few Christmases ago and made a larger size a priority because he knows I'm one of those people who lug around everything and the kitchen sink!

      Delete