Etude House All Over Color - Raspberry Mousse Cake Swatch & Review (Featuring Guest Swatcher Noel!)

Hey lovelies,

Here's a very pretty product which has been lurking in my drafts folder for far too long! It's Etude House All Over Color in Raspberry Mousse Cake, from their Sweet Recipe line.

The Sweet Recipe line was largely limited edition from my understanding, but the All Over Colors are still available from various sellers on Ebay and other e-tailers. I've now got quite a few of them - in fact I just need the orange one to complete my collection! Raspberry Mousse Cake is my favourite so far though.


The tin comes packaged in this cute little plastic case.




The product itself comes in a sturdy little tin which is shaped like a cupcake.


Product information :)


The product photos online make it look you're going to get something with a mousse consistency, but this more like a cream blush. I was a little disappointed at first, but I feel like a mousse product could actually be pretty tricky to apply to lips!


Noel 'helping' to swatch ;)


You can see some lovely streaks of pink on his cheeks here!


And an arm swatch by me :) Raspberry Mousse Cake appears dewy when first applied, but dries down to a soft satin texture.


Here it is on lips - a subtle flush of sheer colour, great for low-effort everyday make up. I love wearing this on lips and cheeks with a little BB cream and mascara when I don't want a full face of make up but still want to feel polished.


Finally, here's a FOTD with me wearing Raspberry Mousse Cake as blush. You can find a few more here.

So, how does it wear? Pretty well! It's not a super long lasting product, but does last a few hours on lips before needing to be touched up. It won't last through food but I do appreciate that it wears away pretty evenly for the most part - no ring of colour! Sometimes it can migrate to the inner mouth a little, the way a few balms do.

As a blush, it wears best when set with a powder - even a little highlighter on top will do. It's wonderfully blendable on cheeks, and can be built up or kept subtle.

Keep an eye out for upcoming reviews of Strawberry Mousse Cake, Blueberry Cheesecake and Peach Sugar Cake :)

X
Lani

No comments