Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick - Queen of Hearts, Passionfruit, Mango Tango & Valentine Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

I have some more beautiful Collection lippies to show you today! I've already reviewed one of their lippies (Pink Shock) so I'll borrow some of the packaging description from that one.


L-R Queen of Hearts, Passionfruit, Mango Tango and Valentine. The packaging of the Lasting Finish lipsticks reminds me of the Australis Mineral Inject lipsticks, it is the same slanting glossy black with an angled cap. The hot pink trim and decor on the cap is a nice touch.



*

Queen of Hearts






Queen of Hearts is a rich opaque red with a semi-matte finish, which becomes more matte as the lipstick wears. I was amazed at the wear time on this lippy! It does not feather or bleed, which is unusual with me and red lipsticks. It also lasted through two bowls of Mike's awesome stir fried noodles with just some wear at the centre of my lips - and it had already been on for five hours at that point! Queen of Hearts is very comfortable to wear and is not at all drying. The formula on all of these lipsticks glides on easily and is a breeze to apply neat from the tube, no lip brush or liner necessary.

*

Passionfruit


Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick - Passionfruit Swatches & Review

Passionfruit is a gold flecked coral with orange leanings. While it's visible in the arm swatch, the gold shimmer is really quite subtle on the lips and manifests more as a very slight grittiness than true sparkle. The colour pay off is very even and mostly opaque. The grittiness didn't bother me but I can imagine it being a dealbreaker for some. Passionfruit was neither hydrating nor drying and lasted around four hours before beginning to fade.

Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick - Passionfruit Swatches & Review

***

Mango Tango




Mango Tango is another coral, but this time pinker in hue. The formula is quite nice and is mostly opaque. Like the other lippies I'm reviewing today, it does't feather or migrate and it isn't drying. No matter how many corals I buy, there's always room for more in my collection.



***

Valentine




Valentine is a glossy red with good colour pay off. Like Queen of Hearts, Valentine stunned me by having exceptional lasting power and not feathering or drying my lips out. It migrated a little bit to the inner rim of my lips but that was really minimal. I'm seriously so impressed by Collection's red lippies!


A FOTD with Valentine - details in tomorrow's post

What I liked:
  • All of the shades shown had great colour pay off
  • Non drying
  • Didn't feather or bleed
  • Minimal migration
What I didn't like:
  • Some people may not like the lipsticky scent
Where to buy:
  • Countdown supermarkets (NZ) - see a list of stockists on the Collection site here
  • Boots.com
  • It's also available in the Philippines - see a list of stockists on the website's where to buy page

Have you tried any Collection lipsticks? Which is your favourite?

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of them, but a long-wear lipstick for $15 sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete