Australis Showstopper Stick - Fireworks Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

I kinda can't believe I haven't blogged about this lippy because it is pretty darn awesome. And it's readily available for Kiwi gals - Australis Showstopper Stick in the shade Fireworks.

Australis Showstopper Stick - Fireworks

The Showstopper Stick has nice and simple packaging, pencil style. It reminds me of the NYX Jumbo Pencils. One thing to note is that this doesn't twist up, so you will need to sharpen it, which inevitably leads to a bit of product wastage.



Australis Showstopper Stick - Fireworks

The pencil style tip is great for applying a really precise bright lip, neat from the pencil. No need to fluff about with a lip brush!

Australis Showstopper Stick - Fireworks swatch

Australis Showstopper Stick - Fireworks swatch

Swatched on bare skin and lips. These swatches are a teensy bit washed out, I'm sorry! Picture this is a little more vibrant and blue based, like the full face look below. The colour pay off is intense and so sparkly that it absolutely glows. 

Australis says...

What is it?
High shine, high colour and high impact semi-stain! A highly pigmented gloss stick that provides a solid coverage that is non-sticky and easy to wear.


Why we it
Kiss-proof with intense colour payoff that provides a lipstick, gloss and liner all in one!


I've got to agree with most of these claims! The Showstopper Stick isn't sticky, but it does have a slight tackiness. I wouldn't call it kiss-proof either, because that implies to me little to no transfer and this does transfer on coffee cups, glasses, babies foreheads etc :D The sparkle has a slightly gritty texture which is noticeable when you press your lips together, but it didn't feel unpleasant.

Fireworks wore wonderfully for 5 hours before needing a touch up after some food; it was still mostly intact though. There was a small amount of migration to the inner rim of my mouth, but Fireworks did not feather, bleed or fade and it wasn't drying.

After it wore away, my lips had a slight pink flush and a lot of the sparkle remained. This came away over the course of the day and had disappeared by the time I was removing my makeup at the end of the day, just something to bear in mind.

Australis Showstopper Stick - Fireworks

A FOTD featuring Fireworks

What I liked:
  • Great colour pay off
  • Super sparkly!
  • Non drying
  • Long lasting
  • Easy to apply very precisely straight from the pencil
What I didn't like:
  • Migrates to the inner rim of lips after  a few hours
  • A lot of sparkle stays behind on your lips after the colour wears away
  • The slightly gritty texture may bother some people
Where to buy:
  • Selected pharmacies, Kmart, and Farmers (NZ)
  • Australis website (Aussie)
  • Priceline, Big W, Kmart, selected pharmacies (Aussie) - check out their locator here.
  • Makeup Express (International!)

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. This shade really suits you - it's not a colour that works for me but on you it looks great. I just can't get behind chunks of glitter :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan! Yeah, you definitely have to commit to the glitter to love this one :) I found the jewel tones mesmerizing though!

      Delete
  2. Lovely shade!
    You re so pretty in the picture!

    ReplyDelete