ColourPop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Here's my latest love from ColourPop - Bound Lippie Stix! I threw this pretty pink in as a wild card with my last order and I couldn't be happier, I've already worn it a few times. If you missed my review of my first five Lippie Stix, you can find them here - or keep on scrolling for swatches and a full review of Bound!

Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review



Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review

The packaging for the Lippie Stix is a glossy white twist up slim tube with a slanted lip bullet. I really like the smaller surface area of this lipstick style as it allows me more precision. Each lipstick has a coloured end cap which matches the colour inside as well as a label with the name and finish (eg satin, matte, glossy).
The Lippie Stix have a gorgeous chocolate chip cookie scent - it smells just like the Rainbowlicious Chocolate Chip scrub to my nose, which means I'm basically in heaven every time I pop the cap off one of these. SO good.
I now have a mixture of Lippie Stix in the satin, matte, glossy and hyper-glossy finishes and have found the texture and application to be great across the board. All of them have a very subtle tackiness and a smooth, slightly creamy texture. The mattes seemed to be a little firmer on the lips, but they didn't drag or tug in any way, the satins had a bit more slip. The glossy and hyper glossy formulas predictably are the most emollient. They are all pretty forgiving of flaws, good news for those who struggle to keep pesky lip flakes away! (I'm dealing with some stubborn ones myself right now).
Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review

Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review


Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review

Bound is described by ColourPop as a 'light nude pink' with a glossy finish. On me it's straight up pink and I have no objections to that at all - I LOVE this colour! The neutral undertones keep it wearable for a variety of looks. 
Bound is my first experience with ColourPop's glossy formula and I find it to be a bit more prone to gathering along the inner part of my lips. The shine was strong for about two hours and then settled to a more satin finish, so if you are hoping for long lasting shine then this may disappoint you. Bound wore for four and a half hours in all, which I was pleased with, wasn't drying and left behind a faint pink stain. I'm often on the fence about lip colours that stain but in this case I really liked it as it was a very natural flushed stain, as if I'd eaten an ice block or gone for a walk on a cold day.

Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bound Swatches & Review

A FOTD with Bound

What I liked:
  • Great colour pay off
  • Non drying
  • Wears for four and half hours
  • Leaves behind a very natural, flushed stain
What I didn't like:
  • Gathers on inner part of lips
Where to buy:

What do you think of Bound?

X
Lani

Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin

No comments