Tosowoong Makeon Gel Pencil Eyeliners - Bronze Spectrum #9 Tan and #10 Magic Eye Swatches & Review

Hey lovelies,

I have some more beautiful Tosowoong eyeliners to show you today! If you've read my review of the Tosowoong Princess sets (Seasons 1, 2 and 3 reviewed), you'll know I have a big crush on their eyeliners and I've been adding more to my collection. These two come from the Bronze Spectrum line, which is primarily made up of neutral shades.




#10 Magic Eye, #09 Tan

As with other Tosowoong eyeliners I've tried, these shades are both lovely and sparkly. The shimmer in these isn't irritating to my eyes and doesn't migrate over the course of the day. The wear time is fantastic, they don't crease or disappear and they survive a trip to the beach.
Tosowoong eyeliners are very easy to sharpen, though there can be a little wastage because the product itself is somewhat soft. This softness is handy too though, it stops the eyeliners from skipping or dragging during application, and it means that you can pick up product easily with a liner brush if you'd like a more precise line. They're just, to put it the blunt Kiwi way, pretty bloody fantastic.
The only claim they don't consistently live up to is doubling as an eyeshadow, which Tosowoong demonstrate in their Ebay listings. I find that some shades feel tacky as an eyeshadow (such as Blonde from the Season 3 set), while others are fine (like Deep Bronze, also from Season 3), and the tackier ones crease after 6 hours wear. Some of the shades are also a little harder to apply evenly as an eyeshadow.
I won't repeat myself regarding formula etc below, instead I'll show you a close up of each pencil and a look with each (full posts with further FOTD details will be hyperlinked).

***

Tan





***

Magic Eye





What I liked:
  • Great colour pay off
  • Fantastic lasting power
  • Some shades work as an eyeshadow too
  • Can be smoked or blended out (though you'll need to be quick, they set fast!)
  • According to Tosowoong's Ebay listing, these are hypo-allergenic
  • Can be picked up cheaply
What I didn't like:
  • Not all of the shades double as eyeshadow

Where to buy:

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments