Toswoong Makeon Princess Limited Edition Season 2 Eyeliners - Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Today I have the final set of Tosowoong Makeon Princess Eyeliner sets to show you, Season 2 (I also have swatches & reviews of Seasons 1 and 3). Initially I wasn't sure I needed this set because I don't wear a lot of blue and purple typically and didn't think I'd use those ones, but I'm super glad I did because I loooove all the colours!

Honestly at this point I feel like I could quite happily buy every eyeliner Tosowoong puts out because I find them to be consistently high quality and the lasting power is just fantastic, especially given how oily my lids get. It's a shame my money tree refuses to yield anything!


Season 2 bears a nautically themed mermaid, which is super cute. I love her makeup! (Pssst Tosowoong, please make blush and lippy, k thanx.)




This set comes in blue packaging, with the names and a cute description. I really appreciate that there is an English translation as one of the perils of Korean beauty addiction is that you often have to google shade names and translations.


Now we come to the eyeliners! Left to right: #S07 My First Time Purple, #S08 Aqua Deep Blue, #S09 Wild Real Khaki, #S10 Lovely Wedding Peach and #S11 Happy Valentine Choco


Swatched on bare skin. I love how shimmery these liners are. The colour pay off on all of the eyeliners is great - Aqua Deep Blue is the sheerest of the five and can be a little patchy, but it's wonderfully sparkly and can be built up to remedy any patchiness. Aqua Deep Blue also has the chunkiest sparkle of those swatched here, calling to mind the Holika Holika highlighting shades (24 Carat Gold, 1 Carat Diamond and Pink Topaz, swatched here); the other shades have a smoother shimmer. I really like that the shimmer in these eyeliners doesn't irritate my eyes and it doesn't migrate over the course of the day either. The wear time of these liners is fantastic, they don't crease or disappear and they survive a trip to the beach. 
Tosowoong eyeliners are very easy to sharpen, though there can be a little wastage because the product itself is somewhat soft. This softness is handy too though, it stops the eyeliners from skipping or dragging during application, and it means that you can pick up product easily with a liner brush if you'd like a more precise line. 
Tosowoong claims these will work as eyeshadows too, but I have my doubts that all of them would perform well in that capacity, particularly Aqua Deep Blue. I haven't tested these shades as eyeshadow, but I did test Blonde, from the Season 3 set, and found that it felt quite tacky as an eyeshadow, creasing after 6 hours wear. However another shade from the same set, Deep Bronze, worked fine as an eyeshadow, so some experimentation may be required. Some of the shades are also a little harder to apply evenly as an eyeshadow.
I won't repeat myself regarding formula etc below, instead I'll show you a close up of each pencil and a look with each (full posts with further FOTD details will be hyperlinked).




***




***




***




***





What I liked:


  • Great colour pay off
  • Fantastic lasting power
  • Some shades work as an eyeshadow too
  • Can be smoked or blended out (though you'll need to be quick, they set fast!)
  • According to Tosowoong's Ebay listing, these are hypo-allergenic
  • Can be picked up cheaply
What I didn't like:
  • Not all of the shades double as eyeshadow
  • Aqua Deep Blue is a little patchy
Where to buy:

All of the shades in this set are available separately as well as in the set. It's worth checking out the Tosowoong store because they run a lot of auctions at lower prices than their Buy It Nows and it's very easy to pick up a bunch of these very cheaply - often with free shipping too!

Have you tried any Tosowoong eyeliners? What did you think?


X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments

  1. This one is my favourite set

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard good things about these pencils. I'd love to try them out. I like especially the set with the egyptian mairmaidn on top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that one might be my favourite set :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh! I resisted the other two but these are more my colours.... I've already placed a bid on a set lol! Thanks Lani ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue and the purple looks gorgeous ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is probably my unexpected fave!

      Delete