Twinsy Thursdays: Hello Kitty Red My Lips Lipstick

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Today Nicola (Leona Carolina's Closet) and I will be showing you a mega adorable lippy, Red My Lips from the Hello Kitty line available at Postie. Why are they mega adorable, you ask? Well, because GIANT HELLO KITTY HEADS.

Hello Kitty Red My Lips Lipstick

Yes, they look like something that escaped the play makeup bag of a small girl. But in a good way, you know? And the colour pay off is pretty darn awesome. Anyway, onto showing you how I wore Red My Lips :)



Hello Kitty Red My Lips Lipstick

I decided to for a classic look today, softly defined neutral eyes to compliment the red lip. I layered Red My Lips over Covergirl Lip Perfection lipliner in Passion for precision and to prevent feathering (though Nicola reports that it did not feather on her without lipliner) but it's already wonderfully opaque by itself; scroll on down for a lip swatch.

Neutral eye makeup


Sorry about the slightly bloodshot eyes, both my babies have been down with fevers and we've had some rough wakeful nights!

Hello Kitty Red My Lips Lipstick swatch
Swatched on bare lips, no liner.

I will not ever never get sick of red lipstick (We've been reading Charlie & Lola again at our house)! Head on over to Nicola's blog to see how she wore Red My Lips, and check back soon for a full review of the Hello Kitty lippies :)

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. Really nice post. Keep it up!!
    You are having really Lovely Blog. Keep visiting my blog. I will too. Dear
    My blog new post up, click it & comment
    i love red lipstick. xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so good in red ;) I envy! I saw those in Postie awhile ago and I love the packaging, the smell etc! Gosh my hands were itchying ~ lol but as soon as I saw they made in China >.< I just had to walk away... Not tryna be racist here, but makeup etc made in China is dangerous :( you don't know what they put in those things :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! Yes, you do have to be careful. These lipsticks are official Sanrio merchandise so you'd hope that they'd be pretty careful and I haven't had any reactions. It's the unbranded stuff you need to be more careful of in my opinion, as it's not held up to any testing standards or safety codes.

      Delete