Color Club Halo Hues 2013 - Kismet Swatches, Comparisons & Review


Hey lovelies,

Today I have my final polish from Color Club's 2013 Halo Hues collection to show you. It's Kismet!

First a little bit about the different packaging on the Halo Hues polishes: the caps are silver and look like brushed steel, but I think they are actually plastic. The silver caps make them look special, like the silver cap China Glazes in my collection.


Full sun


Shade


Indirect sunlight

All the Halo Hues I have tried (Eternal Beauty and Miss Bliss being the other two) have great formulas. Kismet built up in 3 easy coats. It was a little thicker than other holos I've used, but I do prefer a formula to err on the side of thickness - less messy cuticle flooding! I tested the wear with Kismet and found it wore just like a normal polish with no special base coat or topcoat sandwiching required. There was minimal chipping after 3 days, in fact it wore better than the other polishes I used for my skittlette mani!

Extra for experts: comparison time!


I didn't actually have any other green holos in my collection, so my friend PJ was kind enough to lend me her bottle of L8R G8R for comparing. I also grabbed my bottle of GR8 to compare, since Kismet is described by Color Club as a gold holo, but as you can see they're nothing alike!

Full sunlight

Shade

Indrect sunlight

Index: China Glaze GR8, 3 coats
Middle & Pinky: Color Club Kismet, 3 coats
Ring: China Glaze L8R G8R, 3 coats

L8R G8R and Kismet look closer in the bottle but on the nail the different breeds of holographic sparkle take over, and Kismet becomes much more silvery. The holo effect in L8R G8R is much tighter and more linear while Kismet is somewhere inbetween linear and scattered. GR8 is on a whole other playing field. No dupes here!

I hope this was helpful. Did you pick anything up from the Halo Hues collections? I still want Beyond :)

X
Lani

Kismet was kindly provided by Color Club NZ for my consideration. I was not asked to provide a review or paid to feature it. My opinions are my own.

No comments