Color Club Halo Hues 2013 - Eternal Beauty Swatches, Comparison & Review

Hey lovelies,

Today I have another polish from Color Club's 2013 Halo Hues collection to show you. It's Eternal Beauty, my personal favourite from the collection!

First a little bit about the different packaging on the Halo Hues polishes: the caps are silver and look like brushed steel, but I think they are actually plastic. The silver caps make them look special, like the silver cap China Glazes in my collection.

Full sun



Shade

Indirect sunlight

As with Miss Bliss, the formula for Eternal Beauty was very good, particularly for a holo. It was a little thicker than other holos I've used, but I do prefer a formula to err on the side of thickness - less messy cuticle flooding! Only two coats were required for opacity, so I'm going to try stamping with this polish soon. I haven't wear tested this shade yet, but I have tested Kismet, which wears like a normal polish with no special base coat or topcoat sandwiching required - minimal chipping after 3 days, in fact it is wearing better than the other polishes I used for my skittlette mani!

Extra for experts: comparison time!


I have comparisons with the other purple holos in my collection: China Glaze LOL, Ludurana Supremo and China Glaze IDK

Sun

Shade

Index & ring: Color Club Eternal Beauty, 2 coats
Middle: China Glaze LOL, 2 coats
Pinky: China Glaze IDK, 3 coats

LOL and Eternal Beauty look closer in the bottle but on the nail LOL is a lot darker, and significantly less holographic than Eternal Beauty (although my bottle needs thinning, which could bring the holographic effect out more). IDK is lighter than Eternal Beauty. No dupes here!

Sun

Shade

Index & ring: Color Club Eternal Beauty, 2 coats
Middle: Ludurana Supremo, 3 coats
Pinky: China Glaze IDK, 3 coats


Supremo is closer to IDK than Eternal Beauty, although the holographic effect is tighter on IDK. Supremo could be a good substitute if you're lusting after the discontinued IDK.


X
Lani

Eternal Beauty was kindly provided by Color Club NZ for my consideration. I was not asked to provide a review or paid to feature it. My opinions are my own.

2 comments

  1. I'm browsing the archives and am utterly transfixed with these. They remind me of the duraseal I used at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of that too! I loooove holos, they're my favourites.

      Delete