Guest Post from Leona Carolina's Closet: Inspired by Lani's Style

Hello everyone! Firstly, I want to shout a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Lani and Mike on their wedding day - which is today, eep! I am honoured, flattered, and absolutely terrified about providing the guest post for such an important date. I was unable to attend Lani's wedding due to financial constraints (thanks, graduate study, thanks...) and I'm still super gutted I wasn't there to celebrate with her and her family. As a consolation prize, I thought I would focus this guest post around Lani and how I perceive her 'style' in terms of make-up, nails, and clothes - because what bride doesn't enjoy being the centre of attention on her big day?





Let's start with the make-up! I personally think that Lani has a 'signature look': light gold or champagne shadow with black liner and lots of lashes, natural brows, blushed cheeks, and red lips. The red lips in particular are super important; Lani is the official Queen Of Red Lipsticks. She seems to favour matte finishes too!

To create my 'Lani' look, I used the following products:

FACE
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Ivory
Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Concealer - Warm Medium
Dusky pink blush from an eBay blush palette (I am such a blush noob, I'm sorry!)
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Transparent

EYES
NYX High Definition Eyeshadow Base 
The Art Of Makeup Eye Pencil - champagne
Chi Chi Classics Palette - shade four on lid, shade two in crease, shade one on browbone, and shade 8 in the inner corner
Boots No. 7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner - Black
W7 Absolute Lashes mascara

BROWS
BH Cosmetics Flawless Brow Pencils - Medium and Brunette

LIPS
Jordana Quickliner For Lips - Ruby Stone
Maybelline BoldMatte Lipstick - Mat 6






I thought it would be really fun to pair my make-up with a matching outfit and nails, while still trying to channel a bit of Lani. The handful of times we have hung out in person, I'm sure she wore midi/maxi skirts so I just had to wear one. I feel like she wears a lot of warm colours, as opposed to cooler tones like blues and purples, hence the orange top. I know she has a soft spot for punky/gothic themes and I thought the spiked necklace (and the black skirt) tie in well with those. As for the nails - Lani loves glitter - need I say more?

Thanks very much for the opportunity to guest post on your blog, Lani! I wish you and your wee family all the best for your new journey together.

(P.S - if you'd like to see more of me and posts like this one, check out my blog here!)

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. That is such a Lani look - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realise I had a signature look until I saw Nicola's take and then was like "Aha! Yes, that's it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall look is so classic yet edgy!

    ReplyDelete