Coloured Raine Lipstick - Boudoir Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Two lippies in two days! That's my kinda week. Today I'll be showing you Boudoir, a blackened berry hue by new to me brand Coloured Raine. I'd heard good things about this brand but hadn't tried it until a seller I'd bought from in a Facebook group listed some for sale at a really great price - I think I paid $10USD shipped! It was the perfect time to take the leap, and I'm super glad I did... but I'm also a little scared for my bank account because I definitely need more now :o

Coloured Raine Boudoir Lipstick Swatches & Review

First up, let's talk packaging. Anything in hot pink packaging is welcome in my makeup collection; I have long since accepted that I am a die hard girly girl (when I voiced this realisation to my mother, she was all "Uh... yes, you've always been that way" and kindly left off the unvoiced "Have you MET you?"). Loving the hot pink, and the Coloured Raine logo being on either side of the cap appeals to my pedantic need to ensure it is always lined up correctly. Colour aside, the size and shape of the lipstick case is identical to that of a MAC lipstick. 



Coloured Raine Boudoir Lipstick Swatches & Review

In the tube, Boudoir looks black with the barest hint of berry, but when you swatch it...

Coloured Raine Boudoir Lipstick Swatches & Review

Boom! Matte berry gorgeousness. It's slightly more translucent than most of the mattes I own, but not so much so that it looks patchy. The formula is lightly creamy and would likely lend itself well to a gradient lip. The one thing I can't get into is the scent, which is a soapy, traditional lipstick scent best left to the Revlon lipsticks of the late nineties. It's not unbearable though and I stopped noticing after wearing Boudoir for a while.
Wear time was great, clocking in 5+ hours before beginning to look faded and partially wearing away with food. It didn't feather, migrate or bleed when tested without lipliner, which is a great big win in my book as it's hard to find similar shades that don't do this on me. I really enjoyed wearing this shade and can't wait to try more from Coloured Raine!

Coloured Raine Boudoir Lipstick Swatches & Review

Coloured Raine Boudoir Lipstick Swatches & Review

A FOTD with Boudoir

What I liked:
  • Great colour pay off
  • Very good lasting power - 5+ hours before partially wearing away with food
  • Non staining
  • Didn't feather, migrate or bleed


What I didn't like:
  • Has a soapy, traditional lipstick scent.

Where to buy:

Have you tried any Coloured Raine products? I'd love to hear about it!

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments