Interview with Laura from Laura Loves Beauty Blog

Hey lovelies,

I have an awesome kiwi blogger on the interview block for you today, Laura from Laura Loves Beauty Blog!


Tell me a bit about you!
My name is Laura and I am in my early twenties living on the North Shore, in Auckland. I am definitely a typical Auckland girl, I love living near the beach, the cafes, shopping and the buzz of the city. I have always been obsessed with make up and beauty, but only recently have taken it a little more seriously with starting my blog, Laura Loves Beauty Blog. I work full time as well as running my blog and writing for a few other blogs and websites. In my spare time I attend as many concerts as possible, eat out with friends and shop online with my cat, Kit.




How did you come across PANZ?
I came across it only recently through Lani, and I am super glad to be a part of it.

How did you first get into polish/makeup? Was there someone who got you into it?
I have just always naturally been into make up, nails and all that girly stuff since I was small. I think it's just grown into more of an obsession as I've gotten older! My best friend went through a stage of being super into make up and trying lots of different brands and watching tutorials, which I think maybe helped start it. I also have friends who are amazing at nail art and make up which I often turn to.

What made you decide to start blogging/Instagramming?
I was already involved in a lot of reviewing and writing about beauty for different websites and was keen to kind of take it to the next level. I took it on as a personal project when I had some time off work and haven't looked back since! Instagramming has just followed on from my blog as another way to share content. 


How do you juggle blogging with work/family/other commitments?
It can be really difficult as with blogging it seems like you just get one thing completed and then something else pops up! I have quite a demanding full time job as well as my blogging so I just try and be organised as possible and take every opportunity to write that comes my way. Sometimes I have to remind myself that my blog is my hobby and remember to keep it fun when it all gets a bit overwhelming. 

Is there anything about blogging you find difficult or dislike? What has been your biggest challenge?
I definitely know my way around a computer, but the whole web design side of blogging is completely knew to me and all self taught. It can be really frustrating when I want something a certain way and have to spend hours searching and googling trying to figure it out. So for me the hardest part is the technical side of it all, and finding time to do all the things I want to do!

What has been your favourite blogging/Instagramming moment to date?
Probably having people I hardly even know come up to me or message me and give me a positive comment about my blog or ask me a beauty question. It's cool knowing that people appreciate what you write and that I can help people out. 

What is your most prized nail polish/makeup item?
My Naked 2 palette by far, I just love it! Also my MAC Pro Longwear foundation. 


What's the weirdest beauty item you own?
I don't think I own anything super weird, although EOS lip balms and beauty blenders are pretty strange shapes.

Is there anything you regret NOT buying?
I am uhmm-ing and ahh-ing about purchasing the Smashbox Full Exposure palette and Naked 3 - I wish my over thinking mind would just go ahead and buy them already! I also regret not buying and getting into primer sooner - what a difference it makes!

Tell me about your best beauty bargain.
Purchasing from overseas and shipping products over to NZ are my best beauty bargains, I simply cannot believe the mark up make up products have in NZ

Is there a makeup/polish purchase you really regret?
Lime Crime liquid lipstick in Suedeberry - just looks ridiculous on me.

What is your biggest lemming?
The NYX eyebrow pencils - they use to be amazing, smooth and the perfect colour match but now they have changed and you have to apply so much painful pressure to get a bit of pigment, such a disappointment. 

What has been your biggest beauty blunder?
Eeeeekk I hate to think about this one! I think it would be not having the right colour match with my foundation in the past and wearing too much make up. When I was more in my teenage years I had really bad skin and just wanted desperately to cover it up. I'm sure there would have been some cake face looks with a tinge of orange - makes me ill thinking about it haha.

Do you have a go to make up look/mani?
BB cream, light contouring, black winged eyeliner, doe eyed mascara and pink or nude lips is a winner every time! For my nails its either a hot pink, a light lilac, my very favourite deep purple - like OPI's 'Lincoln Park After Dark' or just a good gel manicure.


X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments