Femme Fatale Friday: Bone Dust Eyeshadow Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Okay, so technically it's no longer Friday - time really got away on me this evening morning. I swear it was 10PM a minute ago. But better late than never, I have another gorgeous Femme Fatale for your viewing pleasure. Today we'll be looking at Bone Dust!


Femme Fatale's description:
It’s a pale taupe with coppery pink shimmer and sparks.




Swatched on bare skin dry (left) and over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (right) and photographed in sunlight


Swatched on bare skin dry (bottom) and over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (top) and photographed in artificial lighting

Bone Dust has the most captivating shimmer. I've been having a love affair with duochrome eyeshadows for a while now (I'm not even sorry, Mike!), I can't get enough of the contrasting sparkle. Gimme MOAR. Applied dry, it's sheer but the shimmer is still visible while over Pixie Epoxy it's opaque and the shimmer stands out more. I find find it was prone to a bit of patchiness over Epoxy which is likely due to the matte base; mattes don't typically like Pixie Epoxy so that's not really Bone Dust's fault! I'd really like to try one of Femme Fatale's primers with it because it looks like it will yield great results.




What I liked:
  • Great colour pay off with or without Epoxy
  • Blendable and easy to work with
  • The price is good, it's essentially $1.10AUD per sample which I think is very reasonable. Don't forget the free shipping for samples! If you're looking to buy a larger amount, you can purchase mini ($3.10 without sifter, $3.20 with) or full size jars ($5.85).
What I didn't like:
  • Nada!
Where to buy:
X
Lani

2 comments

  1. I really need to buy pixie epoxy, it always looks like products are even more OMG AMAZING when I see your swatches over it! Looks gorgeous Lani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! You should definitely check it out. I hear good things about Darling Girl's glitter glue as well.

      Delete