MAC Riri Woo Lipstick - Swatches & Review

Hey lovelies,

Today's post is a little mean of me, because Riri Woo is largely sold out. But I thought I'd review it anyway, because my review may still be useful to some, particularly if you want to see this lippy on an NC15 skintone. If you're lusting after Riri Woo, you should still be able to find it on Ebay, (or Trade Me for NZ gals). I bought mine through the Specktra.net clearance bin, which is a great place to pick up authentic MAC without the hiked up prices you'll often see on auction sites.


My Riri Woo is from the original online release, so it has the regular MAC packaging. Since then, it has been re-released in limited edition packaging for last year's holiday collection.





The lipstick is imprinted with Rihanna's signature, which is a really cool touch.


MAC Riri Woo Lipstick - Swatches & Review

I'm sure I don't need to tell you, but Riri Woo was created in collaboration with Rihanna as a tribute to the cult MAC shade Ruby Woo. I'm not a Rihanna fan, but I have to concede - she does have fabulous taste in lipstick. Riri Woo is a blue based classic red with a retro matte finish. The formula is quite dry, but lasts beautifully. 



I compared Riri Woo and Ruby Woo and found Riri Woo to be significantly easier to apply. The colour itself is virtually identical, but Ruby Woo takes a bit more effort to build and is prone to balling (this may just be my tube?). Once Ruby Woo is evened out though, the finish on the lips is the same.  I've always loved Ruby Woo's finish, but Riri Woo is so much easier to apply that I find myself reaching for it over Ruby Woo all the time.


A FOTD with Riri Woo - more here.

MAC Riri Woo Lipstick - Swatches & Review

Updated swatch 4/3/15- apparently I still really love this cardigan!

What I liked:
  • Fabulous colour pay off and lasting power
  • Gorgeous classic red shade, love the retro matte finish
What I didn't like:
  • A little drying
  • Limited edition!
Start your hunt here:

Thanks for stopping by!

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments