MUA Nail Polish - Swatches & Review

Purchased by me

Hey lovelies,

Today I'd like to share swatches and reviews of the MUA nail polishes I picked up during their 50,000 Facebook fans sale.

MUA 23 Khaki nail polish swatch

#23 Khaki, 2 coats



I found the opacity to be great with this polish, it was pretty darn close to being a one coater, but I used two to even it out. I did find the brush to be a little troublesome - the bristles are so stiff that they cause furrows in the polish if you're not using a light hand. To combat this, I needed to load more polish on the brush, however this meant I was more prone to cuticle flooding. Fortunately, the formula levels out well, so it's quite forgiving.
I like that the square cap easily pops off so that you can use the grooved handle underneath - much easier to maneuver than a square cap!
Wear time was surprisingly good for me, usually a polish chips pretty quickly or I have a lot of tip wear within 24 hours. Not so with Khaki, I have been wearing it for 3 days (I know!) and have 2 small chips and minimal tip wear on some nails.
When I saw Nihrida's swatch of this polish, I really liked the sparse silver microglitter it had, but I can't detect any of it in my bottle. I'm not sure if it's a one off or if they have changed the formula, but thought it was worth mentioning. I really love the shade anyway, it's actually really flattering.

***

MUA Green Glitter Quake over A England Tess D'Ubervilles swatch

Glitter Quake - Green, 1 coat over A England - Tess D'Ubervilles, 2 coats

This is a super fun polish! Green applied easily and cracked well, very quickly. Crackle may be well and truly over, but there is still a place in my heart for a good glitter crackle. In fact I'd still like to pick up the ones China Glaze released. Unfortunately the Glitter Quake is now discontinued, but you can still find this shade and Copper on the MUA site. They have also said they may add their remaning stock to the site, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that!

On the whole, I'm pleased and I'm keen to try more polishes from MUA's line. (I've just ordered Pistachio Ice Cream with our latest MUA order!)

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments