Easter Nails

Hey lovelies,

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent Good Friday with family, and then for the remainder of the weekend I worked and nursed a cold. The boys popped out of town for a family event on Sunday so I had the day to myself to recuperate. It was lovely! I camped out on the couch and watched both seasons of Sherlock back to back while catching up on some crafting and munching on pizza.

Anyway! Easter nails!

Good Friday

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
+
Jordana - Pink Bunny, 3 coats
+
KB Shimmer - Candy Cane Crush, 1 coat
+
Seche Vite

I want to wear this mani again just looking at it. Pink Bunny was streakier than I anticipated, but the colour is divine, and Candy Cane Crush over top was just perfect. The glitter distribution in Candy Cane Crush is fantastic, and the overall effect of the different sized hexes looks like a little like a splatter mani to me. I loved the peppermint scent too, I kept trying to surreptitiously smell my nails at work without looking like a freak (it didn't work. But they smelled SO GOOD!). Buy Candy Cane Crush now! I was gifted this polish by the ever wonderful Annemarie.

Saturday/Easter Sunday

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
+
BYS - Pretty As A Peach, 4 coats
+
Coverband - Love, Lace & Lawsuits, 2 coats
+
Seche Vite

Sorry about the colour here, it was a horribly overcast day! I really adored this combination, Love, Lace & Lawsuits is just so gorgeous! I got denser glitter coverage on my right hand by turning the bottle upside down before use, but other than that it was pretty easy to work with. The bar glitter was prone to catching on things, but I guess that's bar glitter for you! Pretty As A Peach was a big let down - adorable colour, still streaky at 4 coats. I can't quite bring myself to put it in the destash pile yet. I want it to work so badly! 


Easter Monday

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
+
China Glaze - For Audrey, 1 coat
+
Nostalgic Nail Lacquer - Duckie, 3 coats
+
Seche Vite

Duckie has been on my wishlist for the longest time, and I literally squealed when I finally got my hands on a bottle a year down the track. Now that I've finally got it though, I'm a little flummoxed. My bottle seems to have this fine black speckling through it, kind of like unmixed pigment. I couldn't see it on other swatch photos online, so I don't think it's intentional. I may contact the creator to ask about, because I really want to love this polish, but the speckling is bugging me. The larger glitter in this polish has a reflective curl, but it's not taco-ing. 


Which mani do you like best? What did you wear on your nails this Easter?

X
Lani

No comments