Blog Overhaul!

Blog Overhaul!

Hey guys! You may have noticed things looking a little different around here. I spent last weekend totally overhauling the website, making it mobile-friendly, adding a new logo annnnd - the part that I'm most proud of! You can now browse the entire blog archive by several categories:

Brand
This is intended to make it easier to check out everything from a favourite brand with ease. I can't tell you how many times I've discovered a new-to-me brand and then spent hours scrolling through blogs browsing every swatch and making unachievable wishlists of all the pretty things. Now it's even easier to do that here!

Product type
Just here for the lipstick swatches? No problem. Select the lipstick category and that's all you'll see. Or if you're really sick of all these damn lip swatches and just want to get to the nail polish, that's no problem either! I've listed every type of product I've reviewed to date - there's a lot! Although the process of making this change has highlighted where I need to broaden my content, so I'll work on that.

Post category
Pretty self-explanatory, but here you'll be able to narrow posts down by reviews, gift ideas, life updates, family stuff and more. This also contains ongoing series like Femme Fatale Friday, the Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet and so forth.

Cruelty-free status
While I'm not vegan myself, many of my friends are and I know how difficult it can be sorting through a sea of beauty products to find things that are vegan or cruelty-free. To make for easier browsing, I've tagged everything that falls under these categories. How did these products qualify? I've double checked CF & vegan statuses on several reputable cruelty-free websites and I've ruled out any brands which may declare themselves cruelty-free but still export to China (as China requires brands to allow animal testing on their products in order to sell there) or brands that are owned by a non-cruelty free parent company.

Questions? Suggestions? Hit me up! You can comment below or email at lanilovesblog at gmail dot com.

X
Lani

Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin

No comments