A Fyrinnae A Day: Dragon's Blood Lip Lustre Swatches & Review

Hey lovelies,

Last Lip Lustre today! I'm eyeing up several more though. Better put some more fertilizer on my money tree first. Today I'll be showing you Dragon's Blood, a gorgeous deep red.





All of the Lip Lustres I bought are in the trial size, which is 1.5g and contains enough for a few applications. This is a great way to try a colour before committing to a full size tube, especially since you can't see this product in a store before purchasing (Fyrinnae is only sold through their website). I love that the applicator is still a regular sized doefoot one, so it's very easy to apply.


Next to that universal lippy standard measurement; a MAC lipstick!

Fyrinnae's description:

Dragon's Blood is a deep, rich, cool matte maroon-red, inspired by the vampy lipsticks of the 1920s. Can be applied as a lighter "berry stain" shade over balm.


L-R: 1952, Visual Kei, Ocelot, Queer Theory, Dragon's Blood, Winter Romance swatched on bare skin



A FOTD with Dragon's Blood - details to come on Sunday

I found the opacity of Dragon's Blood to be much more even than Winter Romance, Fyrinnae's other dark red shade. It was very easy to apply, but does need a lipliner and a concealed lipline to prevent feathering, on me anyway. I experienced significant feathering within an hour of application which worsened over time (many dark lippies feather on me though). All in all I got about four hours wear, after which the colour looked quite matte, faded and a bit messy from the feathering. It's such a glamorous rich colour that I don't mind the extra prep one bit, and touch ups are easy.

What I liked:
  • Fantastic colour pay off, good lasting power
  • Great price - 1.5ml trial size (shown here) is $2.00USD, full size tube is $7.00USD.
What I didn't like:
  • I experienced significant feathering.
Where to buy:
X
Lani


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments