Sunday, 13 April 2014

Tutorial: Pop of Lemon

Hey lovelies,

Look it, I have another tutorial for you today :) We'll be doing a neutral eye with a pop of lemon, a really easy way to add a bit of colour to your eyeshadow. I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the finished look:





Prep your lids with your primer of choice. I'm using Covergirl Shadowblast Beige Blaze. Then take a matte tan eyeshadow (I'm using Sultry from the TheBalm Nude 'Tude palette) and sweep it along your socket line, blending out and up.


Optional: Next take a medium brown eyeliner and run it along the lower lashline. I'm using Tosowoong Makeon #1 Glam Brown from their Bronze Spectrum line. This step is optional because I later decided the eyeliner I chose was too warm for the rest of the shades used and went over it with a cooler brown - the perils of photographing a tutorial as you do your make up!


Optional: Apply a thin, even layer of Pixie Epoxy or a similar product to bring out the full potential of shimmery/duochrome shadows. This will help loose eyeshadow to adhere too, if that's what you choose to use.


Pat a soft lemon yellow shimmery eyeshadow all over the lid. I'm using Femme Fatale Shifting Sands.


Highlight your browbone and blend out the matte tan shade with a white shimmery eyeshadow; I'm using Sassy from TheBalm's Nude 'Tude palette.


Grab a gold sparkly eyeliner and apply to the inner third of your lower lash line. Gently blend it with the brown eyeliner with a finger, a brush or a smudger.


Highlight the inner corner with a shimmery white, blending out for a diffused effect (this is Sassy again).


At this point I was feeling like the brown eyeliner was a bit too warm, as I mentioned earlier, so I patted Seductive from the TheBalm Nude 'Tude palette over it and gently blended it out.


Add liquid eyeliner, winging it out at the end.


Top with mascara (I filled in my brows between steps too).


And you're finished! :) Yellow eyeshadow made wearable.





Necklace by Peacock Pie

Don't forget, I'd love to hear from you with any tutorial requests!

X
Lani

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate it!
Please no links or 'follow for a follow' messages - if you'd like me to check out your blog, please just pop me an email at lanilovesblog@gmail.com :)